The Josiah Foundation
The Josiah Foundation was founded in February 2007, and is a 501 (c) 3 Christian Charitable not for profit organization. The Foundation’s namesake is King Josiah whose actions are described in Jeremiah 22:16 “He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?” declares the LORD. This one verse includes both of The Josiah Foundation’s two central themes – helping those in poverty and knowing God.
Goals of The Josiah Foundation
• To help those who are living in deep poverty and who are without the most basic necessities of life.
• To communicate the gospel and the love of the Lord Jesus Christ to many so that they may come to know and love the living God.
• To find and share evidences of a powerful, sovereign, and loving God who personally exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth.
• To glorify God and strengthen the faith of many people in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Methods of the Josiah FoundationUtilize both full time workers and short term mission teams to provide the following services:
• Promote specific and practical means of meeting material and spiritual needs of those living in deep poverty.
• Encourage, support, train and serve those living in deep poverty. Objective is to see holistic transformation in individual lives and in whole communities. Potential area of service include:
- Train Pastors and Leaders
- Financial and business training and planning
- Medical missions
- Provide funding and training for educational institutions
- Support orphanages through funding and personal service of volunteers
- Food distribution
- Prayer ministry
- Developing Communication Systems for those unable to speak due to their disability**
- Educational support and consultation with children with disabilities and their teachers**
- Assisting those in need with obtaining the medical treatment they need**
Emphasize personal development by helping people to develop into individuals who, after receiving help themselves, will in turn help others.
• Utilize various media (web site, newsletters, video documentaries, et al.) to publicize God’s mighty works in the lives of people around the world.
Statement of Faith• The Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit and written without error in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.• There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.• Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and voluntarily shed his blood on the cross as atonement for the sins of men.• Jesus Christ rose from the dead and ascended bodily into heaven where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession to the Father for His own.• All men are sinners and in need of regeneration by the Holy Spirit. God bestows the free gift of eternal life to all who place their faith solely in the Lord Jesus Christ.• All men will be resurrected; the wicked to everlasting torment in hell, and the saints to everlasting life in God’s presence.
Board of Directors David Penner | Founder and President
David is a professional engineer with over thirty six years of consulting engineering experience. David has provided consulting services for over thirty years for the Omaha, Nebraska headquarters of HDR Engineering Inc., a leading national engineering consulting firm. David designs control systems for facilities such as Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants and Power Generating Stations. Prior to joining HDR, David was a consultant in the Power Division of Black & Veatch Engineers & Architects. David has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, and a Masters of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Missouri, Columbia. In 2017, David and Chi, his wife of over 40 years, made a move to Rogers, AR to be close their children and grandchildren. David continues to work from his office in Rogers for HDR Engineering.
Michael Wenig | Treasurer
Mike is the Pastoral Care Pastor at Westside Church in Omaha, Nebraska. Prior to his service at Westside, Mike worked in the printing industry holding sales and management positions. He also owned and operated his own marketing company. Mike was born in South Carolina, grew up in Florida, and has lived in Nebraska for the last 50 years. He is the proud father of four children and the exceptionally proud grandfather of seventeen grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
Todd Ehler | Member Board of Directors
Todd is our newest member to the Josiah Foundation Board of Directors. He is a devoted man of God and family man. Todd serves both the church and his fellow man in the insurance and estate planning arena professionally. Todd and his wife Denise live and work in the Omaha, Nebraska area. He and Denise have 3 adult children and a grandchild at this time. Todd also serves in the Walk To Emmaus organization mentoring other believers in their walk with Christ. Welcome aboard Todd!
John Schomburg | Member Board of Directors
John is President of Pleasant Purchase Inc., He and his wife, Margaret, live in Omaha, Nebraska, and have been married for 35 years. They have two grown children, both married and living in Omaha. John has served with local, national, and international mission organizations for the past 20 years. Since 2009, he has been serving people in the remote villages of Los Limones, Zacapa, and La Avanzada, La Union, Guatemala.